The Weekly Tactical Touch-Point: LDS Storehouse Edition
This morning I’m meeting up with my dad at the LDS Storehouse so that he can get some more long-term food storage (wheat, powdered milk, etc). For those not familiar with the storehouse, it is run by the LDS church (Mormons) of which I am a member. They have bulk staples such as wheat, legumes, powdered milk, rice and so on at great prices. Not only that, you can set up a meeting with them and they’ll show you how to can and properly store your items. And best of all, you don’t have to be LDS to go there, it is open to the public (at least the one in my area).
To find out where your local storehouse is, call the nearest LDS church and ask the person who answers. They’ll tell you where the closest one is. If you’d rather order some online (they only come pre-canned) you can go to the LDS.org catalog here.
Here are some interesting things I discovered and read on the web this week:
- New Emergency Preparedness 70% Off Sale – For those who missed my earlier post this week, New Emergency Preparedness an online emergency essentials store, is going out of business and have some great deals. I just checked this morning and there are still some good items available.
- Survivalist Boards – This forum has a lot of knowledgeable people willing to give good advice about all things survival related.
- Ravenlore Bushcraft and Wilderness Skills – Wayland got a great site with some amazing photographs. It’s light on the content but heavy on style. Check it out!
- The Big List – A huge collection of ‘lists’ compiled by David Lee related to survival and taken from “the best survival books on the market.”
- Posted in Weekly Tactical Touch-Point
No comments yet.