Bored Surfing the Web? Stock up on Free Stuff Instead
Taking a tip from The Survival Mom, I decided to see about getting some free supplies for my various bug-out bags. There are many resources online where you can get free samples of food, otc medicine, health and hygiene products, and even clothing if you know where to look and have the patience to sign up.
As a test, I took 30 min of my time today to see how much free stuff I could order online. Here’s the list:
- Slim-Fast® 100 Calorie Snack Bar – Peanut Butter Crunchtime
- Nature Valley Trail Mix Bar & Nut Clusters
- Kashi TLC Chewy Granola Bar
- Raw Organic Bee Pollen
- Organic & Raw Honey Sample
- Special K Cereal Sample
- Free Beyond Seven Latex Condom – beyond the standard use, condoms make great ‘survival’ water containers.
- Prilosec heart-burn medicine
- Enfamil – we’ve got a new baby coming 🙂
- Nivea for Men Active shower, shampoo, shave gel
- Snuggie – The Blanket with Sleeves – not sure if this one will come, it seemed too good to be true.
There are many sites that keep an eye out for you as to what free samples are available. Here are some:
Most sites require that you sign up for the promotion by giving them your email. Instead of using your own email and getting all the accompanying junk that goes along with submitting it, simply set up a free account used specifically for this purpose. I’ve got one called firstname.lastname@example.org (feel free to spam me if you like :)).
If you’ve got the time or are just sitting in front of the TV with a laptop, why not work on getting some free stuff to add to your stash. Happy hunting!
- Posted in Financial Preparedness